Saturday 16 November 2013

Do It Yourself This Christmas #1

It is very clear that Christmas shopping is well under way. I live very close to a shopping center and the traffic on the weekends going in there has been increasing. The crowds in there today was manic. I've never been an early Christmas shopper, I usually leave it till the last few weeks where I spend my time running around like a headless chicken! Of course, it doesn't stop me making an extra special effort with the gifts I will buy. I met my brother and he's girlfriend who told me they are making home made gifts for each other. I think it is such a lovely idea and it's very personal. My oldest dog Ali got very sick during the week and spent a few days in the vets which cost a small fortune. This put me thinking, should I do D.I.Y. gifts this year. After a small bit of research I have found some amazing gift ideas that I would love to share with you. These are more for female friends but I pop a post up soon to suit the man in your life!

Gold Leaf Paper Bowl

kellimurray.com
This a clever and easy gift idea that suits any age. This bowl is pretty but of course you can design it any way you want. Perfect for storing jewellery, make up or hair accessories! Find directions here

Picture Coasters

foammagazine.com
This a wonderful gift to seal your memories forever or stir them up while drinking a cup of tea! See what I did there!! Find directions here

Home made Honey Lip Balm
hiphome.blogspot.ie
I think any one would appreciate this gift. The cold winter weather reeks havoc on our lips and what better to create soft kissable lips than natural honey lip balm. Find directions here

Tassel Bracelet

thanksimadeit.com
I am totally in love with this idea. Not only is it super stylish, they are so easy to make and you can use so many different colours. Find direction here.

Geode Rings

stateofunique.com
These are the perfect stocking fillers for any fashion forward woman. These are fabulous and have to be the easiest gift to make ever. They are the perfect accessory to any Christmas outfit. Find directions here

honestlywtf.com

Floral never dates and it has survived this season. With the bright winter morning sun why not treat a friend to a pair of customised sunglasses. Perfect for any festival goer next summer. Find directions here

If you are a child making any of these make sure have adult supervision.

LOVE CAT

XXXX








No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments, they are greatly appreciated

Love Cat
xxxxx